St. Joseph’s Monastery had a collection dating back to 1831. There were good and rare collections of Manuscripts, Palm leaves, letters, old and rare printed books, specimens for Press, Chronicles preserved in the monastery for a long time. Documents which are used by the fathers of the monastery were kept in the Monastery Library. These are the prominent and first contributions received by the Archives.
St. Joseph’s Press Mannanam, Kottayam, Kerala
The St. Joseph’s Press contributed a copy of every book printed there which includes the first book printed in 1846, Njana Piyoosham. These books printed from 1846 to 1947 is one of the greatest collections contributed to the Archives. There are also certain other special collection of books connected with printing works donated to the Archives.
Sacred Heart Monastery, Chethipuzha had contributed to the Archives the collections of Biblia Polyglotta which were used for Bible translation, Books and Manuscripts of Fr. Placid J. Podippara and printed books in different languages.
St. Sebastian's Monastery, Pulincunnoo, one of the old Monasteries of CMI Congregation, had contributed Palm leaves, Letters, Rare Printed Books and their Chronicles to our Archives.
Carmel Monastery, Vazhakulam
Carmel Monastery, Vazhakulam, one of the old Monasteries of CMI Congregation, had contributed Manuscripts Collections including their Chronicles to our Archives.